Note: This document reached us through one of our nymph agents in northern Cyttania. It appears to detail invasion plans into the Prince of Cardon’s domains. It is to be circulated to the appropriate elements of the Leylish and Tanbeisian governments. The Cyttanian soldier carrying the document has been neutralized and is not minded to complain.
Special Order No. 111
Headquarters, Army of Himania
5th of May, 19th Year of Cyngild
1. The burghers of Cardon have been thoroughly influenced by our ambassador at the King of South Leyland’s court, and matters have been arranged so that the city will be taken without a significant struggle. General Brictnoth will proceed across the Ley on the northern road and secure the city with all dispatch. It will be his headquarters.
2. Thane Morcar will take the eastern road from Aberberg to secure Oberpen Castle. General Pecthelm’s command will proceed along the same road as far as Tintagan, and link with the local Prince’s troops.
3. The city of Aberdaph is to be taken and systematically destroyed by the aforementioned. The population is especially criminal and it is the King’s express wish that they be rounded up and escorted to the border with Leyland. They will be Leyland’s problem and not ours.
4. The principal cities being secured, contingents will proceed to the border crossings and secure the South Leylish side against any incursion from the north.
5. Citizens of the northern allied countries that may happen to be in South Leyland are to be treated with the greatest courtesy and not molested in any way. We do not want to risk diverting their attention while it is so handily occupied already. In the last war, they used giant spiders from beyond the Moon to vapourize the city of Thridingstoke. We don’t want that kind of trouble.
By command of the Earl of Penstowe